Important Note : All trainings require basic knowledge of Houdini UI and workflow.
NOTE : Every now and then, Paypal seems to have issues accepting payments. If you encounter problems making payments with Paypal, please email me at email@example.com and I'll resolve it immediately.
ornamental designs in houdini
total duration - 4 hrs 51 mins
The video training includes the hip files
Training level - intermediate
individual parts -
taxes as applicable
credit card and paypal
This training covers various procedural methods on creating ornamental patterns and designs in Houdini. The methods includes standard procedural modeling, L-systems and voronoi fracture to generate a variety of patterns.
The idea behind this training is try and procedurally build a variety of ornamental elements which would the modeling process simpler for complex pattern building.
Content Details - 7 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration - 130 mins
- Copy stamping - An introduction to the 3 different copy nodes in Houdini and the use of copy stamping
- Basic Leaf - Building a basic leaf using wrangle sop
- Basic Leaf variations - Building various designs from the basic leaf
- Leaf complex - Building a more complex ornamental leaf design using copy stamping and vdb
- Flower - Building a controllable flower petal shape and using that to build a variety of flowers
- Phyllotaxis - How to make a phyllotaxis pattern without complex math and using ti build sunflower seed pattern and a rose.
- Cylindrical Phyllotaxis - Making a vertical phyllotaxis pattern for building pine cones or floral pillar designs.
Content Details - 8 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration - 140 mins
- L-system basics - Understanding the basics of L-systems to help build more complex designs.
- L-system patterns 1 - Building a couple of patterns using l-systems and copy stamping.
- L-system patterns 2 - Building repeating l-system patterns for wallpapers or texture purposes.
- Helix - Building a helix using copy stamping.
- Corinthian leaves - Making the corinthian column leaf element using all the various techniques learnt in the training
- Spirograph - Making a simple spirograph without complex math.
- Voronoi pattern - Building patterns using voronoi fracture.
- Corinthian Column - Looking at the final corinthian column file to see how it was built.
REQUIREMENTS - This training requires Houdini Indie or Houdini FX. Houdini apprentice will not work since it doesn't support 3rd party renderers.