Important Note : All trainings require basic knowledge of Houdini UI and workflow.
NOTE : Every now and then, Paypal seems to have issues accepting payments. If you encounter problems making payments with Paypal, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll resolve it immediately.
making dessert in houdini
total duration - 6 hrs 28 mins
The video training includes the hip files
Training level - intermediate ( Working knowledge of Houdini, Octane, Redshift is required)
individual parts -
taxes as applicable
credit card and paypal
This training is an update to the Tea and Cookies training. The training covers fairly similar topics such as modeling, shading, lighting and rendering. The primary difference is that instead of Mantra the training focuses on using the third party render engines namely, Redshift, Octane and Arnold.
Part 1 of the training will cover modeling and building the entire scene. This will be done using a variety of methods including the basic poly modeling tools, VDB, fluid simulation, POP grains and also some basic copy stamping.
Part 2 is available in two variants, for now, Redshift and Octane. This part will focus on lighting ans rendering the scene. However the primary focus is on building all the various shaders required for the scene. We'll build a majority of the shaders using procedural textures. The training will also cover SSS, displacement and building fluid shaders using absorption. We will also build relatively detailed metal and plastic shaders.
Content Details - 14 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration - 205 mins
- modeling the plate
- modeling the spoon
- making the raspberry 1 - building the raspberry
- making the raspberry 2 - making the raspberry strands
- modeling the cake 1 - using basic poly tools to model the basic cake
- modeling the cake 2 - adding additional details to the cake model using VDB
- making the ice cream using VDB tools
- modeling the sauce on top of the cake
- making the chocolate lava using a fluid sim
- adding sprinkles on top of the ice ceam
- adding sprinkles in the spoon using POP grains
- adding crumbs on the cake
- final scene layout
Content Details - 10 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration - 163 mins
lesson plan - Octane and redshift
- basic render and light setup including HDRs
- building the cake shader using acombination of noise maps and SSS and ambient occlusion maps
- making the Ice cream shader
- building the chocolate sauce shader using absorption and SSS
- making the sprinkles shader using houdini attributes to generate random colors
- making the raspberry shader
- building a detailed metal shader for the spoon using a combination of noise maps and scratch maps
- making the raspberry strands shader
- building a plastic shader for the plate
- final render settings
REQUIREMENTS - This training requires Houdini Indie or Houdini FX. Houdini apprentice will not work since it doesn't support 3rd party renderers.