Note : Changes to the Indian Banking regulations have lead to problems in receiving payments via Paypal. I am trying to resolve these. But for now Credit card is the only option to purchase the training. Apologies for the inconvenience.
tea and cookies with houdini - 1 & 2
The aim of this commercial training is to take you through the process of creating the "Tea and Cookies" image, all the way from modeling to render and even the final color grading entirely in Houdini from scratch. This should help you gain a better perspective towards using Houdini as your primary tool for creating 3d content.
The training will take you through various aspects of Houdini including, Polygonal Modeling, Procedural modeling, Dynamics, Shader Building, Lighting, Rendering and Color Grading.
The training is split into to parts, each part is available separately. Part 1 will cover the modeling of the entire scene and Part 2 shall deal with the lighting, shading and rendering the final image. Given below are the details regarding the two sections.
part 1 - modeling
Content Details - 9 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration - 2 hrs 50 mins
$15 Introductory offer
- Modeling the Jam bowl - Basic Introduction to poly modeling in Houdini
- Modeling the spoon - Using attributes and ramps to control poly modeling
- Modeling the Cup - procedural modeling of the cup. In 3b we will model the saucer
- Modeling the Tea - Extracting the tea liquid surface from the cup geometry
- Modeling the Cookie - Painting Attributes and adding displacement using VOPSOP to add details
- Copy stamping and Cookies - Understanding the basics of copy stamping to creating copies of the cookie
- Modeling the Tray and the Crumbs - Using scatter and voronoi fracture for modeling
- Modeling the Jam - Using RBDs and VDB toolset for modeling
part 2 - light, shade and render
Content Details - 11 Video Chapters (with Audio)
Duration - 2 hrs 33 mins
$15 Introductory offer
Lighting the scene - Adding lights and setting up the camera and the render engine
HDRI - Adding an HDR for reflections and additional information about lights
Material Basics - Understanding the capabilities and limitations of the Mantra Surface Shader
Steel Material - Using the Material Shader builder to create the Steel shader and using textures to control various channels
Plastic Tray - Making a plastic material for the tray. Learning how to use multiple UV channels. Adding bump mapping
Porcelain - Using SSS to create a porcelain shader.
Flooring material - Learn how to mix multiple texture maps to create complex surfaces.
Tea Material - Controlling material properties via Geometry Attributes. Using Absorption to create liquid shader
Jam Material - Creating a shader for the jam. Using Caustics for better lighting
Cookie Shader - Creating complex displacement to make the cookie material
Color Grading - Defining the look of the final render by using the compositing section of Houdini
REQUIREMENTS - It would be preferable to use Houdini 13 as there have been certain changes to the lighting interface in this version. At the least don't use anything below Houdini 12.5. As there as tools that we use for modeling that are not available in the prior versions.